During the world famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally with an annual attendance that can exceed 750,000, Shade valley is strategically positioned to be a critical part of the solution to the challenges to hosting a major rally of this magnitude.
Shade valley was engineered to be a city, built for expansion and built with infrastructure to accommodate large populations and host thousands of people comfortably and in style.
- Private well backed up by a Government Rural Water System
- Complete DENR approved sewage lagoon evaporation pond
- 12 miles of buried underground water, sewer, and electrical infrastructure
- Nearly 10 miles of improved roads
- Natural outdoor amphitheater with the potential to host literally thousands of concert attendees with very little expansion effort
- (4) State-approved dump & fill stations for RVs
- (3) large comfort stations – (2) ±3,344 sq. ft. each with 32 showers, 32 sinks, & 28 stools with a 3rd being ±2,800 sq. ft. with showers, sinks, & stools
Campground facilities were specifically designed to entertain and serve large crowds for the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Shade valley is accented everywhere with antiques, local historical items of interest, animal mounts of all kinds & species, and much more.
- ±6,392 sq. ft. Natural-Log Lodge, currently used for check-in & C-Store
- ±14,000 sq. ft. Legendary “Eye Candy Saloon” – a fantastic structure that doubles as an Event Center hosting weddings, family reunions & other large gatherings
- ±1,888 sq. ft. Commercial Kitchen (30’x32’ building) and attached covered beer garden
- Two shops, ±512 sq. ft. each with cement floors and air conditioning & are currently used for a Tattoo Shop and Liquor Storage
- Full liquor license, hard spirits, wine, and malt beverage
- 40 ft. x 24 ft. Covered Outdoor Stage
- ±400 full-service RV sites
- 3,000 sites that are a mix of electricity only or water/electric
- ±100 cabins with each sleeping from 2-8 people
- Numerous Shade Valley – owned RV Rentals and over 50 ready-to-rent tents
- Unlimited general camping with 2 miles of shaded “Spring Creek” frontage
- Several hundred sun shelters and an untold number of picnic tables, etc.
NOTE: All of the above structures and infrastructure is less than 12 years old !
TRACT 1: ±263.0 Ac. & includes all of the primary campground with ALL facilities & includes liquor license & signage. NO personal property.
TRACT 1-A: Tract 1 above & to include virtually all of the existing personal property including maintenance equip., RVs, golf carts, inventory, a multitude of antiques & decorator items making this a complete “turn-key” operation.
TRACT 2: ±54 Ac. lying north of Tract 1 with access off 137th Ave. This parcel is integral for the parking area of the potential concert area on the north end of Tract 1.
UNIT 1 – 2: ±317 Ac. The combination of Tracts 1 & 2 above. For a world-class campground venue with a built-in amphitheater with parking, this is a must-have combination.
TRACTS 3, 4, 5 & 6: Each tract is ±40 ac. and all have access off either 137th Ave. to the west, or Hwy 34 on the east via a 66’ wide access easement.
ENTIRE UNIT: ±477 Ac. Includes Tracts 1 thru 6 above…as well as ALL of the personal property.
Shade valley is located on a historic Meade County Ranch near the abandoned town of Bear Butte Valley in a very tranquil setting with fish in the creek and wildlife in the meadows. This is a truly impressive property.
- Original Homestead house – 24’x40’ – fully furnished
- 1st Home on the property (±1,220 sq. ft.) (3) bedrooms, (1) bath w/full unfinished basement
- 2nd House (±1,308 sq. ft. main – ±1,308 sq. ft. basement) completely furnished w/detached 28’x24’ garage.
- Separate 50’x27’ detached garage w/concrete floor & metal roof
- Historic Original Barn – 24’x40’
- Morton Shop Building is 54’x90’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- West Quonset Building is 40’x96’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- East Quonset Building is 39’x60’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- Total Sq. Ft. of the above 3 support buildings is approx. 11,040 sq. ft.
- Multiple granaries
- Address: Sturgis, South Dakota, 57785
- Price: $5,500,000
- Lot Size: ±480 acres
- Call Today : 605-484-1353